What are the benefits of becoming a member?
Our mission is to promote best practices in corporate governance through professional development of directors and corporate leaders and those from the general public who may aspire to these positions.
We aim at enhancing their accountability by providing trainings, orientations, advisory services, networking and sharing best practices.
Belonging to a professional body such as the IoDT has the following general benefits:
- Training and development - The opportunity for professional training & director development "by directors, to directors and for directors" at discounted "member" rates
- Information and advice - Access to support that will save you time, money and gain competitive advantage
- Networking - Opportunity to meet your peers at local and internal level, discuss matters of mutual interest - and make valuable business connections.
- Events - Receive invitations to regular events, conferences and seminars with high-calibre speakers
- Access to the IoDT library soon to be operational
- Information and guidance services
- Consultancy services are available for the development of board charters; board evaluation questionnaires; code of ethics; shareholder agreement and many more.
- Receiving a Certificate of completion identifying you as a Certified Director
- Announcement of Certified Directors names in our Tanzanian Directors Magazine
- Becoming eligible to receive a free copy of 4 editions of the Tanzanian Directors Magazine
- Opportunities for members to be recommended as board members in different organizations