Objectives of the IoDT
As the leading directors’ and senior executives’ focus group in Tanzania, the IoDT undertakes to propagate, promote and enhance corporate governance as a practice and also an ideal in the country.
This will be undertaken through capacity building of its members via training while also offering them avenues and opportunity for knowledge-sharing and crystallizing their aspirations as one voice in advocacy and in dialogue across stakeholders (locally, regionally and internationally).
Success in the foregoing activities serves to raise the standards in corporate governance practices and to promote the ethical conduct of organizations and public affairs. In so doing, productivity and efficiency will be enhanced for the benefit of all stakeholders and our country as a whole.
The objectives of IoDT as laid down in its Constitution:
- Promotion of skills, knowledge, professional competence and integrity of directors, and equivalent office holders in the public and private sector domains.
- Undertaking and promoting research, study and development of the law and the practice of corporate governance also disseminating the useful results of such research or studies.
- Articulating and representing members’ and stakeholders’ interests to the Government and wider public thereby encouraging and fostering a favorable climate for entrepreneurial activity and wealth creation.
- Capacity building of members by enhancing their understanding of best practices and responsibilities as board directors and in the conduct of board business, governance and facilitating experience sharing among members.
- Creating and fostering local, regional and international networks by providing avenues and opportunities for networking.
- Advancing the interests of members providing them with facilities, services and benefits.